Re: Import a user account from export file?

From: Atta ur-Rehman <atta707_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/02

hello alan,

yes you can. and you don't need to know the deleted user's password or privileges to do that. just follow these steps:

re-create the user.
assign the new user default and temp tablespaces. grant connect to newUser.
grant resource to newUser.
imp sys/pwd_at_db file=exportedfile.dmp fromuser=deltedUser touser=newUser

and voila, you've created all the exported objects of deletedUser to newUser, the default tablespace of newUser would be used to create all these objects if any of exported tables didn't had any long or blob column in it. for tables that had blob column you might need to read oracle manual for further details!

hope that helps.

--

getting the meanin' of data...