Connection drops on 8I:1521

From: gigadud <zaybx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/07/02

I have several clients that use to connect to our server through the fire wall on port 1521 ora 7.3 Novell. When we reconigured a new novell server and 8I db we specified the same ip address and port. The users on the outside of the firewall can connect but their connection gets dropped shortly after connecting.

Users inside the firewall have no problem connecting to the box. Is their something new in 8I that has to be configured at the firewall.

We are using tcp/ip.

Does oracle 8I use java/RMI for anything. It appears that we are getting some hits at port 6000 but are not able to track them down.

Any thought or suggestions would be helpful.

-Don- Received on Sun Jul 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT