Re: UK Based New Guy Seeks Your Help

From: Alexander Penev <webmaster_at_penev.com>
Date: 2000/07/01

Yes, almost all of their software is available for free on http://technet.oracle.com (free membership)

> 2) Where do I buy the database, which one do I need and roughly how much is
> each license ?

http://oraclestore.oracle.com
The standard edition costs 15$ per CPU unit (megaherz, risc cpus are rated x 1.5) or 5.25$ for a 2 year license. For example if you use a box with a single 550 hz Intel PIII you'll have to pay about 7000$ for perpatual or about 3000$ for a 2-years license...
The enterprise edition is 100$ per unit (perpatual) or 35$ for 2 years...