Re: Larry Ellison comments on Microsoft's benchmark

From: Norris <jcheong_at_cooper.com.hk>
Date: 2000/06/30

In comp.databases.sybase William Dutton <william.dutton_at_fmr.com> wrote: > Actually, the Oracle database engine is pretty efficient. I am a longtime Syabse user and I now am on > the side of Oracle. Much better stability.

Yes, I agree with you. Oracle is stable. However, Sybase is fast especially for update operations. Do you have any idea of efficiency of Oracle's Index Organized Table? How does it compare with Sybase's Clustered Index?

--
http://www.cooper.com.hk