Re: Oracle 8.1.6 mmap problem (ld error)

From: <tim_gray_orbit_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/30

I had a similar error. The reason: I did not install the required packacges BEFORE installing a recent cluster patch.

Oracle requires installing the following packages:  SUNWarc
 SUNWbtool
 SUNWhea
 SUNWlibm
 SUNWlibms
 SUNWsprot
 SUNWtoo
Did you install these packages AFTER installing a cluster patch (bad)? If so, there are many patches for these packages. Reapply the cluster patch; the updated libraries/commands
(in /usr/ccs/bin&lib & /usr/lib) are what the Oracle install needs to work correctly.

hope this helps,
-TG

In article <8itbn8$79q$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   fly13_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.6 on Solaris,
> and i ever modify the /etc/system file to set
> shared memory parameters.
> But a the end of the installation, when it is
> doing the link this message error appears :
> Error in invoking target ioracle of makefile
> ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk
>
> If i go further i can see that the error come
> from an 'ld' command (in the make.log file)
> ld: fatal: file /dev/zero: cannot mmap file :
> Device temporarily unavailable.
>
> Can anyone help me, please?
>
> Cheers
>
> Ben
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jun 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT