Re: newbie question

From: SP <spant1_at_aol.com>
Date: 2000/06/30

Does that mean the definition of database of Oracle is different from SQL server. SQL server seperates one db (db1) from another db (db2). db1 has a number of objects seperate from db2 (which too has a number of objects under it). But as I've understood in the case of Oracle a db is an instance under which it may have different databases. It doesn't seperate database as SQL server does. But logically in tablespaces(inside which it has several objects as tables, procedures etc.?
Do I've a point here?
SP