Re: What segment extended & when?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/06/29

Don't do it.
The underlying uet$ table is one of the most heavily used tables. Also, what happens if your trigger fails, and the transaction started on behalf of Oracle to update uet$ consequently also fails. I wouldn't be in your shoes, when Support refuses to help you out. Better build a monitor tool to run at regular intervals. That's harmless. Why do so many people the last few days want to 'tweak' the data-dictionary? Has everyone gone mad, or am I mistaken?

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA