Re: Updating x$

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: 2000/06/29

Hi Dave,

There is a POKE feature in ORADEBUG,
but you'll be doing well to find the right location to poke. X$VERSION does not exist statically in the SGA, it is dynamically constructed in the PGA as required. (This is true of many of the X$ structures - you can tell which from the ADDR columns).

Neither can you adb the binary, because the string there is just "Oracle8 Enterprise Edition Release %d.%d.%d.%d.%d %s". So, yes, it is theoretically possible,
but I doubt that you'll succeed.

Regards,
Steve Adams

http://www.ixora.com.au/