Re: why does this statement take so long to return?

From: Dave Wotton <Dave.Wotton_at_dwotton.nospam.clara.co.uk>
Date: 2000/06/29

Have you tried Isaac Blank's suggestion? That looks quite promising. Can you send the explain plan for that. The only thing I would add to it is to include '+ 0's on the where clauses as follows to exert greater control over the join sequence.

where al1.unique_id = al2.unique_id +0
  and al2.subject_id = al3.subject_id + 0
  and al3.org_id = al4.org_id + 0
  and al4.org_id = kludge.org_id

Dave.

--
If you reply to this posting by email, remove the "nospam" from my email
address first.