Re: killing sessions

From: Dado <dalibor.kovac_at_zg.tel.hr>
Date: 2000/06/28

Thanks, although it didn't help me much. I know that the kill isn't always immediate because it has to wait for the session to complete what it was doing.
There are no entries in DBA_2PC_PENDING so it isn't in-doubt distributed transaction either.
By querying V$SESSION_WAIT I discovered that this problematic session is waiting for an event "SQL*Net message from client". But the client program finished when the modem line broke!!
Then I tried to find a way to somehow kill the session in SQL*Net, but I still don't know how.