Re: Updating x$

From: <oracow_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/28

Thanks for your reply Sybrand,

It's interesting you mention the tuning book by Niemic - we use that book quite a bit!

Like I mentioned, I'm certainly aware of the consequences of this action - and I wouldn't be suprised at all to create a load of havoc - but we would still like to push the envelope and try it. There may not be a formal way within oracle DML - but certainly there must be a way.

Thanks again,

Dave

In article <962222497.29158.1.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl>,   "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:
> Fixed views are not updatable. Period.
> You already provide the reason why they shouldn't be updatable.
> Buy the tuning book of Niemic and you will find them all described.
 No need
> to poke around and create havoc.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
> <oracow_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8jdhdf$nu5
 $1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> > Hello Everybody!
> >
> > Does anyone know of a way to update the x$ tables. They are
 defined as
> > fixed views to Oracle and are not normally updateable.
> >
> > Before anyone cautions - I'm aware of the implications of such a
> > dangerous move as this. We are testing something out on a test
 server
> > which will be due for a re-install shortly anyways.
> >
> > Thanks for any help you can provide!
> >
> > Dave
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jun 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT