Re: changing database name

From: <glennbaron_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/28

  1. Proceed with _great care_. I did this task some weeks ago and was glad I practiced on a little test db I'd created. Ensure you have a reliable backup.
  2. Assuming you also want to change datafile names, paths etc etc, then Metalink notes 9560.1 and 15390.1 will give you the general idea, but you will encounter small but scary errors along the way if you just follow the notes. So practice away from production db's till you're confident.

Good luck

Glenn Baron

In article <3959BB8B.382D4266_at_hsv.se>,
  Minas Ghidei <minas.ghidei_at_hsv.se> wrote:
> hi friends
>
> I have some problem on my new jobb,there is a database with name
 "TEST"
> and is working good no problem for that but the database name it seems
> to me very dangerous.So friends if u have any smart advice to share
 how
> can i change the database name,sid etc.
>
> thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jun 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT