Default Tablespace Questions

From: Seajay <seajaysNOseSPAM_at_hotmail.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/06/27

I have a user who has a default tablespace set, the user also has the 'unlimited tablespace' system privilege.

However, when I try to use the DBA Studio in Oracle 8i to change 'Object Privileges' to give access to the tablespace I can't make changes. (Insufficient privilige)

We have ONLY just started trying to use Oracle so I'm very new at it. What I want to do is:

Create a new user who has full access to a particular tablespace but no access to any others (unless its necessary for something fundamental).

Also, if a default tablespace is set, do I HAVE to still include the tablespace name in SQL queries, or will it assume the tablespace if it is not included?

Thanks,

Seajay.

email: seajays_at_hotmail.com
web: www.mufasa.freeserve.co.uk
Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Tue Jun 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT