Re: Database links and stored procedures

From: spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: 2000/06/27

we had the same problem invoking stored procedures over a database link, but we eventually got it to work.

first be sure that the database link is working properly, e.g.

SQL> select * from sys.dual_at_fubar .foobar.com

be sure that you have granted EXECUTE privilege on the procedure to the username used in the database link.

we created synonyms (on the local database) for the procedure on the remote database, e.g.

SQL> create public synonym foo_bar_at_fubar for foo.bar_at_fubar ;

we then used the synonym to call the procedure, e.g.

SQL> begin foo_bar_at_fubar('Hello world'); end;

HTH "Matt Houseman" <mhousema_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:8j6ivc$sik$1_at_slb3.atl.mindspring.net...
> All,
>
> What is the correct syntax when executing a stored procedure
 with parameters
> over a DB link?
> I've tried:
> SQL> exec foo.bar('Hello world')@fubar.foobar.com;