Re: Oracle8 performance problems under NT

From: Rafal Czekala <czekala_at_real.pl>
Date: 2000/06/27

In article <aYq55.1018$482.238856_at_den-news1.rmi.net>,   "Josh Sale" <jsale_at_tril.com> wrote:
> A couple of updates:
>
> First somebody suggested an index on LEV_PRODUCTLINE to avoid the
 table
> scan. However, LEV_PRODUCTLINE only has 20 rows hence the lack of an
>
> Second, we've done some other experimenting and boosted the Oracle
 process's
> priority from "normal" to "real-time" using the NT task manager. With
 this
> change, we get performance comparable to SQL Server.
>
> So this problem is starting to look like an NT tuning issue. Anybody
 got
> any thoughts on this?
>
> josh

Hi,

Please add in Oracle registry:

ORACLE_PRIORITY as REG_SZ with value CLASS:HIGH;DEF:TIME_CRITICAL

and in Control Panel -> System -> Performance Performance boost for foreground application to NONE

Rafal

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jun 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT