Re: Oracle problem on Red Hat Linux 6.1

From: St Erroneous <ishamael_at_erroneous.demon.co.uk>
Date: 2000/06/27

<ddf_dba_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> Having been just informed that someone attempted to install WebDB and
> did it incorrectly certainly gave me pause. I have since re-installed
> the software under a new ORACLE_BASE and ORACLE_HOME and still suffer
> from the same malady; 'oracle' can connect via SQL*Plus locally, but no
> one else can. Apparently this is a problem unique to Linux ( a far
> different variant of UNIX, to be sure ).
>
> If anyone has experienced this on a Linux box, and has a resolution, I
> would be extremely grateful for the assistance.

What does ldd show if you run it against the sqlplus and oracle binaries as someone not-oracle?

What does a truss -f of a local connect show? Can you see the system trying to load the libraries and failing? Are the locations it's search correct?

You need to post useful diagnostic information for people to be able to help you.

-michael Received on Tue Jun 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT