Database Performance

From: <kskasi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/06/26

Hello everyone

 The problem is that, the biggest table we have in our system has got only about 50,000 records. But the system seems to be slow even with those many records. Our DBA feels that enough space wern't alloted to the tables and they might be sitting in multiple extends. I had a look at the extends and I did notice that there are about 7 - 10 extends for the big table and some of the indexes. According to him, if there are more number of extends then oracle has to search through all the extends which takes more time. I had a look at Oracle documentation and it dosen't mention about this at all. I just want a second opinion on this before I drop the tables and recreate them with enough space. I guess I can rebuild the indexes with enough space but the tables has to be dropeed and reloaded. Any help would be appreciated

Cheers...kasi Received on Mon Jun 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT