Speedy laptop suggestions

From: Angel Delacruz <angeld_at_alum.mit.edu>
Date: 2000/06/26

I am looking to purchase a laptop on which I will be running demanding database applications on top of Oracle Server. I am trying to find one with the fastest hard drive possible, but such information is not available in brochures and reviews. I have had a bad experience with the Dell Inspiron (5000). The performance is awful, despite being loaded with 192MB RAM and a fast processor, because the disk is so slow.

The Dell Inspiron 3800 P3-700 looks like a good deal, but I am afraid it will have the same slow HD as the 5000.

I would appreciate any suggestions and past experiences. Received on Mon Jun 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT