JDBC data type support.

From: fvda <filip.vandamme_at_barco.com>
Date: 2000/06/26

Hello everybody,

After creating a table in which column i is specified as being a SMALLINT the
methods

ResultSetMetaData metaData = resultSet.getMetaData(); metaData.getColumnType(i);

didn't return the java.sql.Types.SMALLINT type. Apparently all kind of integers
are mapped to NUMBERs. Is this a bug or a feature, and is there any workaround
for this loss of typing information?

Many thanks in advance

Filip

PS: Actually I would like to define a column as being a SQL BIT type. Oracle doesn't

      seem to support this data type directly so I thought of doing it indirectly

      through the Oracle SMALLINT data type, yet this doesn't seem to allow run-time

      colum type discovery at the same time, as internally all integers are represented

      by Oracle NUMBERs. Received on Mon Jun 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT