Re: 7.1.6 on HP/UX

From: fro_doe <fro_doeNOfrSPAM_at_hotmail.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/06/26

There are two issues I seem to remember about Oracle on HP in those days. I don't remember details. You'll have to get them from either Oracle or HP.

  1. There was an issue with how Oracle opened datafiles regarding the O_SYNC / O_DSYNC flag, causing I/O problems. I think both Oracle and HP had fixes for this.
  2. There were issues with the select() system call and latch misses. I think HP released a patch for this.

Hope this helps.

Doug.

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Mon Jun 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT