Re: Problem(s) installing 8.1.5 on linux

From: krasimri <krasimir_at_rcn.com>
Date: 2000/06/25

Samuel GAY wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've many problems to install Oralce 8i 8.1.5 on Linux RedHat 6.1. After an
> update of my listener.ora files (previous post about ORA-12545), I've now
> many problems with executables... missing. For exemple, the
> $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle executable is missing !!!
>
> I run linux.sh with oracle user, and patches with root user, the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set in all cases. I saw this advice for a similar problem
> in a previous post, but it's not so easy. Missing library on linux ? Sorcery
> :o) ?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> I install another times oracle, and notice erros while running linux.sh and
> linux_815patches.sh. Here is the error output of the linux.sh (the 81501.log
> and 81502.log are bigger). I think initial problems occur during linux.sh
> execution.
>
> mv: /usr/local/oracle/8i/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.5/bin/osslogin: Aucun
> fichier ou répertoire de ce type
> gmake: [iosslogin] Error 1 (ignored)
> /usr/local/oracle/8i/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.5/lib//libpls8.a(spssimb.o):
> In function `pss_gets':
> spssimb.o(.text+0x303): the `gets' function is dangerous and should not be
> used.
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `sskgslgf' are not
> defined
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `sskgslgf' are not
> defined
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `sskgslgf' are not
> defined
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `sskgslgf' are not
> defined
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `oerhms' are not
> defined
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `oclose' are not
> defined
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `oexfet' are not
> defined
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `ocom' are not defined
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `ologof' are not
> defined
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `oopen' are not
> defined
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `odefin' are not
> defined
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `orlon' are not
> defined
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `oexec' are not
> defined
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `obndrn' are not
> defined
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `oparse' are not
> defined
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `ofen' are not defined
> [...]

Samuel, did you run into this error during installation? It looks very similar to the error
I posted yesterday regarding configuring Pro*C. /usr/bin/ld:cannot open -l... - ld is the OS linker - if you received the error during
installation that means that I should concentrate my efforts on debugging the installation, not
Pro*C's configuration, as I thought before.

By the way, to resolve you problems I recommend the document Oracle 8i Friendly Install - it's by Oracle (sorry I don't have the exact location, but look in technet)
- this document walks you through the installation step by step and warns you in
advance about the errors you are about to run into. It's a lot easier to face things like
a missing installation file on the CD warning when the bug is acknowledged by Oracle.
I think Oracle realized how buggy this 8.1.5 distribution is and released the document to
help people deal with the bugs.
Also, read the Oracle8i Howto - you'll be glad you did.

Krassimir Georgiev Received on Sun Jun 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT