Re: Trace about backup controlfile

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/06/25

Very weird indeed.
The system process identifier (spid) should get included in the trace file name.
You can find the spid by the following query select spid
from v$session s, v$process p
where p.addr = s.padd
and s.audsid = userenv('sessionid')

(As sys doesn't use the auditing sid, you'll need to replace that by terminal when running as sys)

Doing so, you could at least verify whether it generates a trace file at all.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA