Re: Predicting physical disk space.

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/06/25

To get the complete picture
A tablespace consists on the physical size of datafiles. The size of the datafiles is stored in the dba_data_files view. A tablespace also consists of segments. The dba_segments view will show you how much space has been *allocated* to an object. The unused extents of a tablespace are reported in the dba_free_space view. Never tried it, but the sum of allocated bytes per tablespace in dba_segments plus the sum of free bytes per tablespace in dba_free_space should always equal the number of bytes per tablespace in dba_data_files minus 1 Oracle block.
So, yes, knowing the size of the data_files is sufficient.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA