Net8 client connection problem

From: Peter Chang <peterchang_at_telocity.com>
Date: 2000/06/25

I have recently installed oracle 8i on an NT server running Wingate proxy server. When I tried to initiate a connection from a remote client machine, I received the following error message:

Attempting to contact (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=192.168.0.3)(PORT=1521)) TNS-12571: TNS:packet writer failure

I have no problem pinging the server from the client machine. So I suspected the problem is related to Wingate proxy server. Anyone knows how to get around this problem? Received on Sun Jun 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT