Re: Unix Oracle Error

From: <ddf_dba_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/23

In article <8j09cf$cir$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   ledruide_at_unforgettable.com wrote:
> I do have an oracle ora-27075 error when trying to start my 8i db.
 This
> error is referenced as an Unix error. We are running the db on a linux
> box : RedHat 6.1, kernel 2.2.16, glibc 2.1.2-11.
>
> Oracle support has no idea where it may come from.
>
> Anyone ever seen this or has an idea ?
>
> The erroc doc. says :
> ORA-27075: skgfrofl: SSTMOFRC constant too large
>
> --
> ledruide
> "The software manual said that it worked with Windows-95 or better...

> Before you buy.

Check for a recent trace file generated by Oracle, possibly in $ORACLE_BASE/admin (our system is set up so that trace files are in $ORACLE_BASE/admin/$ORACLE_SID/bdump -- check the initSID.ora file for the background_dump_destination and look there). There should be some error or series of errors generated. Contact Oracle Support again with this information.

--
David Fitzjarrell
Oracle Certified DBA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/