shared memory problem (ORA-04031)

From: Walter Dorninger <walter.dorninger_at_aon.at>
Date: 2000/06/23

Hi,

I'm currently running a Oracle 8.1.5 on Solaris 2.6 ( E450 2GB ram) and if i run some certain statements I get the following error (not very large statements):

ORA-04031: unable to allocate 131072 bytes of shared memory ("shared pool", "unknown object", "cursor work he", "QERHJ Hash Table")

I have set the initora parameters listed below to the following values:

shared_pool_size = 20000000
sort_area_size = 3000000
sort_area_retained_size = 500000

Another issue is that the sort operations are extremly slow ... (perhaps this has to do something with this...)

Is it possible that the error is related to the settings in my /etc/system file ? - The /etc/system file is listed below:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=100
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=100
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=200
set semsys:seminfo_semopm=100
set semsys:seminfo_semvmx=32767

Thanks a lot
Walter Received on Fri Jun 23 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT