Re: bypass rollback for large insert statements

From: Gennaro Napolitano <gennaro.napolitano_at_italdata.it>
Date: 2000/06/23

Hy

I think you are talking about using the direct path loading, if this is true you need to use the append HINT as shown into the following code block:

INSERT /*+append */ INTO table_name (....) SELECT (...) FROM table_name

or furthermore you can use the clause NOLOGGING to avoid writing redo information to the redo log buffer:

INSERT /*+append */ INTO table_name (....) NOLOGGING SELECT (...) FROM table_name

Hope this helps

Ciao Gennaro