bypass rollback for large insert statements

From: jim shorts <jim.short_at_byteme.com>
Date: 2000/06/23

I have an application that is updating a very large Oracle 7.3.4 database. at the end of the application are some insert statements that affect about 100K rows of data. i've tested the statements and I'm sure they complete successfully. I'm trying to find out if their is a clause I can add to the insert statements that will bypass the rollback segments and just update the database. For example: insert into tablename (col1, col2, col3) values (data, data+1, data) norollback;

any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks. Received on Fri Jun 23 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT