Re: schemas

From: <ddf_dba_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/23

In article <B579106F.7BB0%nospam__at_nospam_.com>,   Manoj Thomas <nospam__at_nospam_.com> wrote:
> select username from dba_users;
>
> > From: "Sougato Das" <sougato_das_at_hotmail.com>
> > Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle.server
> > Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 12:37:58 -0400
> > Subject: schemas
> >
> > Does anyone know what query would return the names of all the
 schemas in the
> > database instance I'm currently logged into?
> > Oracle v.7.3.3.6.0
> >
> > thanks,
> > Sougato

That query will only list the user accounts established in the instance. Schemas are collections of objects created by a user account. Therefore:

select distinct owner
from all_objects;

should provide every "schema" present in the instance, which may be far fewer entries than the total user community.

--
David Fitzjarrell
Oracle Certified DBA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/