Re: How can I selec rows in physical order?

From: Martin Rapier <m.rapier_at_sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: 2000/06/22

sergey_s_at_my-deja.com wrote in article <8irudk$74v$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...

> How about in the order in which they were originally inserted? Granted
> that there were only inserts into the table.

Hmm, off the top of my head - using the date/time info in the 'created_date' field the developers put on the table? Otherwise you are out of luck unless you use something like DBTrax to go through the redo logs and find all the sql statements which inserted into the target table.

You _might_ be able to do something smart with rowids, but I'm sure this doesn't work in Oracle 8 onwards.

Cheers
Martin. Received on Thu Jun 22 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT