Re: Oracle on Network Appliance's Netapp Filer

From: fro_doe <fro_doeNOfrSPAM_at_hotmail.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/06/22

I attended a similar presentation and agree that it is a rather impressive storage solution. We ran some informal tests and everything worked as advertised. To get some serious performance out of it, you'll need at least 100Mb ethernet, preferably Gigabit ethernet connecting the database server to the Filer. The tests we ran, we maxed out the 100Mb segment we were on before reaching the I/O capabilities of the Filer. The snapshot feature is particularly cool!

Doug.

lasalleg_at_my-deja.com wrote:
>We currently run Oracle 7.3.4 on HP-UX 10.20 and Oracle8 on NT.
>We recently had a presentation from Network Appliance on their
 Network-
>Attached-Storage (NAS)product called the NetApp Filer. I
 previously had
>reservations about using a mission critical system with an NFS
 server,
>but the presentation and literature was most impressive. Have
 any of
>you had any experience with it and would you recommend it? It
 would
>make a great storage platform for us it delivers as advertised.
 They
>are on the OCSP(Oracle Storage Compatibility Program)Member
 List. The
>product's URL is http://www.netapp.com/products/filer/
>
>thanks,
>
>George
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Thu Jun 22 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT