Re: Object Inherit and Retrieve

From: Hakan Eren <heren_at_home.com>
Date: 2000/06/22

hi,

Oracle 8 does not support object inheritance. From oracle documentation, Oracle8i Application Developer's Guide - Fundamental V 8.1.5: "The Oracle type model does not support inheritance directly. However, you can map your current Oracle object types to Java classes and then leverage the inheritance features native to Java. See Also: Oracle8i JDBC Developer's Guide and Reference and Oracle8i SQLJ Developer's Guide and Reference for more information about mapping Oracle objects to Java classes."