Problem with Materialized Views and Fast Refresh

From: Bruce Cota <bruce_at_vivi.com>
Date: 2000/06/21

This is so simple , I have to be doing something dumb, but I can't see it and I've been waiting
over a week for Oracle Support to respond.

In the following example, I don't understand why I can't use the materialized view log
for a fast refresh. Thanks in advance for any illumination.

-Bruce

10:23:22 CNDEV2> create table t (pk number primary key, x number, y number);

Table created.

10:23:24 CNDEV2> create materialized view log on t with primary key including new values;

Materialized view log created.

10:23:28 CNDEV2> create materialized view t_view refresh fast as  select count(*), y from t group by y;

10:23:33 2 select count(*), y from t group by y

                         *

ERROR at line 2:
ORA-12032: cannot use rowid column from snapshot log on "T" Received on Wed Jun 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT