Re: Oracle licences, when is a single user a single user?

From: Michael D. Long <lead_dog_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: 2000/06/21

Even SQL Server licenses are complex - if you deployed your app against SQL Server 7 as an Intranet then you would need a CAL (client access license) per user. Were the same app deployed to the Internet (and not used by employees of your company), then you could by an Internet connector license (per CPU of the server) - this option allows for unlimited Internet user connections.

The DBMS vendors can't give the products away, else they couldn't continue to operate. If you are looking for dirt cheap, then use MySQL (though I wouldn't).

--
Michael D. Long
http://extremedna.homestead.com