Database links and security

From: Matt Houseman <mhousema_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 2000/06/21

All,

I'm working with two Oracle databases, each one behind a separate firewall. I want to create a database link between the two and was wondering what the security issues are since this database link will be 'in-the-clear'. My client has gone to extremes to secure the Solaris boxes where these Oracle databases reside and I don't wish to put the databases or servers at risk.

Is the data that passes along this database link encrypted? Can an Oracle database be 'hacked' through this database link?

TIA, Matt Houseman Received on Wed Jun 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT