Re: Database sizeing question - so how big is a number anyway?

From: Jos <jga.wolters_at_abp.nl>
Date: 2000/06/21

Hi Ken,

The size of a number field is 22 bytes in an index an it depends on the number of digits in the numer field in the table data.

The rule is that the size is round(#digits / 2) + 1. You can see the size with the "dump" function.

select dump(1234567) from dual;

DUMP(1234567)

Typ=2 Len=5: 196,2,24,46,68
1 row selected.

Bye,
Jos

ken k <khkachn_at_toadDIESPAMMER.net> schreef in berichtnieuws H%S35.482$BA1.1000118_at_news.abs.net...