Re: Locally managed tablespaces

From: Madhavan Amruthur <mad5698_at_my-Deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/21

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for the reply.
I did do that immediately after I read the hint on Steve Adams's site and it worked and you are right I was misled by the metalink doc.

Thanks for your help.
Regards,

---
Madhavan
IBM Corporation
Integrated Technology Services

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000 15:21:25   Thomas J. Kyte wrote:

> Message from the Deja.com forum:
> comp.databases.oracle.server
> Your subscription is set to individual email delivery
> This message was sent to mad5698_at_my-dejanews.com
> Deja.com: Best way to buy a PC
> http://www.deja.com/channels/channel.xp?CID=13031
>>
>In article <JEDIOKIOMDNAIBAA_at_my-deja.com>,
> mad5698_at_my-Deja.com wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> We created our tablespaces as locally managed and we have about 4
tablespaces that are 40G. According to
>> note 111666.1 on Metalink one extent from each datafile is used for
storage management and we have 200M
>> uniform extent size which means we lose 4G over a 40G tablespace with
20 data files. We have 4 tablespaces
>> with 40G and that means 16G. We also have other tablespaces 20G.
>>
>> Is there a better way to do it other than converting it into a dict
managed tbs with uniform extent size?

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- Before you buy. Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.