Re: sql*loader

From: <ddf_dba_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/21

In article <8iqlc4$48u$1_at_nnrp2.deja.com>,   djsande_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> having the following problems trying to load a
> test file with sqlload. I don't have access to
> the server. Does anyone have any idea what's
> going on here?
>
> Dan.
>
> --SQL*Loader-282: Unable to locate character set
> handle for character set ID (0).
>
> LOAD DATA CHARACTERSET WE8EBCDIC500
> --F7DEX
> --US7ASCII
> --WE8DEC
> --WE8HP
> --WE8ISO8859P1
> --WE8EBCDIC500
> INFILE * "FIX113"
> INTO TABLE LEGACY.TESTLOC (
> "LOCATION" POSITION(*) CHAR(20),
> "DESCRIPTION" POSITION(*) CHAR(65),
> "LO1" POSITION(*) CHAR(20),
> "LO2" POSITION(*) CHAR(8)
> )
> begindata
> BAL1PA ALLEN 1 - MARTIN LOW PRESSURE
> SYSTEM
> BLOCKWELLS WELL
> BAL1PACOMP ALLEN 1 -
> COMPRESSOR
> BAL1PA COMP
> BAL1PADH ALLEN 1 - DOWN
> HOLE
> BAL1PA DHOLE
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Dan,

The error you encountered is described as follows:

282, 0, "Unable to locate character set handle for character set ID (%d).\n"
// *Cause: SQL*Loader could not find the character set handle for the given
// character set ID.
// *Action: The character set ID was obtained from the database server, the

//          SQL*Loader client does not have knowledge of the given
//          character set ID.  Possible mis-match of NLS data on the
//          client and server side.

--
David Fitzjarrell
Oracle Certified DBA