import ignore primary key

From: Steve . <syarbrou_at_nospam.enteract.com>
Date: 2000/06/20

I exported the entire database, and also just the user level export.

The scripts form the software company we are using, creates a unique primary key each time you run them. Kind of makes it hard to do your own replication.

Two questions:

  1. Can you see what the primary key is in the dump file?
  2. The company that gave us the original scripts, has a program to export into a new database, just the data in the tables. I want to import the dump back into the original database to try their replication scripts. If I do an import using imp, and it keeps complaining about the primary key on the row, will all the data still import into the database so I can run their own scripts to move the data to a new database?

If not, how is the best way to make sure all the data gets put in? Do I need to wipe all the tables and let the import recreate them for the user? Thanks.

Steve

Newsgroup replies preferred. Remove nospam when replying thru email. Received on Tue Jun 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT