Re: Client performance.

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_doial.pipex.com>
Date: 2000/06/20

couple of things that might be worth looking at

  1. Try changing the ODBC driver - in general the ms ones are better but sometimes you get better results with Oracle provided drivers.
  2. Is the code for Oracle/SQLServer working in *exactly* the same way (some code snippets might be useful). In particular opening a connection to a database is an expensive operation , but reusing an open connection object is fast.