Re: where to find documentation on system objects

From: Frank Hubeny <fhubeny_at_ntsource.com>
Date: 2000/06/20

One place to look is in the Oracle 8i Reference Manual (The pdf file is called a67790.pdf on Oracle 8.1.5.)

According to this manual (chapter 2), these are the "static data dictionary views".

When you are familiar with the available views, the describe operation in sqlplus is another way to get most of the information about the views you might need. The comments on the views are in dba_col_comments and dba_tab_comments.

Frank Hubeny