Re: failover setup help

From: João Nascimento <jnash_at_teleweb.pt>
Date: 2000/06/20

Hi,

I don't know which documentation is good for this issue.

But, for Oracle Failover, you will need Oracle Fail Safe.

You will need also a group in the cluster (MS Cluster ??) with logical IP address and logical name.

Create first the database in one of the nodes using the shared disks for the datafiles.

By using Oracle Fail Safe Manager, it's very simple to configure the database to failover. Just use the option to add it to the group. It will do everything for you.

This assumes that you are using MS Cluster. I don't know any of the other Cluster solutions.

If you need any more details, please reply

Joao Nascimento

COMPTA S.A - Lisboa
Portugal