analyze table inside a procedure?

From: gdas <gdas1NOgdSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/06/19

Is there something special that must be done in order to analyze a table from inside a procedure? Is this not supported?

I have about 100 tables I want to analyze in the procedure, but for simplicity's sake, I've only included one table here (same error)

create or replace procedure gather_stats as begin

begin
ANALYZE TABLE account ESTIMATE STATISTICS;

end;
end;

I get the following error:

PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "TABLE" when expecting one of the following:

Does anyone know what's happening?
Thanks in advance,
Gavin

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Mon Jun 19 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT