Oracle 8.1.5 Bulk insert error

From: justvrk <vrkulkarniNOvrSPAM_at_email.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/06/19

Hi:
 I am facing a strange problem with bulk insert. Here is the complete log:

SQL> rem  create table d ( d date );
SQL>
SQL> truncate table d;

Table truncated.

SQL>
SQL> declare
  2 type t$d is table of d.d%type
  3 index by binary_integer;
  4 lt$d t$d;
  5 nt$d t$d;
  6 begin
  7 for i in 1..10 loop
  8 lt$d(i) := sysdate+i;
  9 end loop;
 10 forall x in 1..lt$d.count
 11 insert into d
 12 values(lt$d(x));
 13 lt$d := nt$d;
 14 end;
 15 /

SQL> select * from d
  2 /
ERROR:
ORA-01858: a non-numeric character was found where a numeric was expected

no rows selected

SQL>
SQL> select to_char(d,'DD-MM-YY') from d   2 /

TO_CHAR(

00-00-00
00-00-00
00-00-00
00-00-00
00-00-00
00-00-00
00-00-00
00-00-00
00-00-00
00-00-00

10 rows selected.

Anybody can figure out where I am going wrong ? BTW - I am working on

Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.5.0.0 - Production PL/SQL Release 8.1.5.0.0 - Production
CORE Version 8.1.5.0.0 - Production
TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.1.5.0.0 - Production NLSRTL Version 3.4.0.0.0 - Production

On a WindowsNT SP4. The database was created using dbassist and no extra patches/scripts run other than the one run by dbassist.

Thanks and Regards,
justvrk

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Mon Jun 19 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT