Re: 816 Install & JRE

From: Thilo Mezger <mezger_at_innominate.de>
Date: 2000/06/19

Andy Collett <a.collett_at_virgin.net> wrote:
> I get the following when trying to install 816 on Redhat 6.2...
> The Java Runtime Environment not found at /bin/jre. Hence the Oracle
> Universal Installer could not be run.
> I have installed Jre118 as instructed, and tried setting 'ln -s /bin/jre
> /bin/jre118_v1/bin/jre'.

> Anyone got any ideas how I can get the installer to run please?

AFAIK, you don't have to install a JRE as 816 comes with its own JRE. I started the Universal Installer from CD and then it started installing.

BTW, somehow my installation failed because of some broken *.a library files. Anyone similar experiences? Anyone got 816 running under linux?

cheers
thilo

--
Thilo.Mezger_at_innominate.de
E-Business Manager                                      innominate AG