Re: SYSDate, NLS_DATE_FORMAT, and default values

From: David Pattinson <dpattinson_at_enternet.com.au>
Date: 2000/06/19

You'll find that the nls_lang setting in your client will also set the date format for you. It's been a while since I had to look at it, but I think that the nls_lang setting in the client was overriding the nls_date_format I set for the database as a whole. I'm not sure if it would be affecting you, but it might be worth having a look at.