Re: Moving to new Server and upgrading Oracle

From: Bob Fazio <rfazio_at_home.com.nospam>
Date: 2000/06/18

Actually I would expect that Sun would suggest the import export over the datafile move. How big/ how long do you expect it to take. I am not sure of why you need the incremental. Also, I have actually be quite successful doing an export to a pipe, and importing. This eliminates the time for the export. I would say, what ever you are move comfortable doing, do.

--
Robert Fazio, Oracle DBA
rfazio_at_home.com