Re: Backup Tool

From: Barth Siemens <bsiemens_at_uniserve.com>
Date: 2000/06/17

Au contraire. Backup scripts seem to be the order of the day. If you think you may want assistance from Oracle Support to recover a database, you would do well to implement RMAN -- and to understand the scripting. After that the choice is simply which media manager will maintain the backup sets. A limited version of Legato ships with Oracle; most of my clients have gone with Veritas. There are others ...

Regards,

Barth Siemens, OCP DBA