Re: Veritas file system??

From: Greg Stark <greg-spare-1_at_mit.edu>
Date: 2000/06/17

Barth Siemens <bsiemens_at_uniserve.com> writes:

> In addition, Veritas Quick IO (another product) brings writes to somewhere close
> to a raw filesystem. AFAIK, it doesn't improve reads.

Oracle and Veritas claim that QuickIO is actually faster than raw partitions.

I think the main rationale is that Veritas supports cached quickio files, which can allow you to add cache which may be useful if your SGA is 4GB already on 32 bit Oracle and you're manipulating a lot of data. I'm not sure if the claim holds if your SGA is under 4GB.

--
greg