Data Dictionary Corruption (??) URGENT

From: John <jwilson_at_napanet.net>
Date: 2000/06/17

Hi folks,

OK, let's see where to start. I have a production database that seems to have a corrupted data dictionary. One user/schema has a number of views defined. We can see them in user_views; I can see them in dba_views, including the text.

Yet, when logged into sqlplus as the user, if I tried to describe or select data from the view, it gives an ORA-04043 error indicating that the object doesn't exist. (it works on another system)....

This morning, I took the db down, exported all of the data, totally blew away the database, recreated it from start, and imported the user's data. The problem exists.

I've racked my brain over this so I'm looking for any help I can find on this one....

Thanks,

john Received on Sat Jun 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT